Friday, July 20, 2007

we're here!

We arrived late last night, after a delayed, but otherwise uneventful day of travel. We had a bit of a late night, but Stefan seems to be dealing with it okay. This time, I reserved one of the executive suite rooms so we got a nice continental breakfast. We then headed down to the conference area to register. While walking around, checking out the location of the Tech Room, I was recorded for a conference podcast. There is also a picture of me on the Tech Room Blog.

After that, we headed out to the Shedd Aquarium, which was very nice. Stefan really enjoyed himself. I think our favorite part was the Beluga Whale tank, including a 1-year-old calf! Very nice.

I have had one little "oops" moment. We are leaving Monday evening and are going to have to catch our ride to the airport at 5, the time the last session ends. I might be able to attend some of it if I can find some time earlier in the day to get ready to go. I hope it works it. Well, it will have to!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hey, our local zoo just got a Beluga whale from there.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the conference. I wish I had been able to attend.