Saturday, July 21, 2007

discipline

My session this afternoon was on discipline. I left after a half an hour. I think that reflects more on me than on the session itself. The speaker was talking about how parents often give their children too many choices too soon and then become more strict as the children get older. That didn't sit well with me, because I think I've made that mistake already with my older child and I'm not sure now how to fix it. I suppose I should have stayed in the session to find out. I just couldn't though. I should probably spend some time thinking about what that means about me.

Instead, I went to the exhibition hall and the bookstore. I bought Hidden Messages by Elizabeth Pantley. I actually think this book might help me with the above problem, as soons as I find the time to read it. I also got The Latch by Jack Newman because I feel like I could use more help identifying latch issues and helping moms fix them.

No comments: